Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

La belle bleue

Man, every time I thought about blogging today, I just felt overwhelmed - there's just too much to share! I had an absolutely fabulous weekend. Lots of touristy stuff, lots of friends, lots of fun. And probably a bit too much wine. Okay, definitely a bit too much wine.

The only bummer was missing gay karaoke Saturday night because *someone* said they were only saying for an hour, LOL. Note to self: "An hour" is never just an hour. We also missed out on the Firemens' Ball Saturday night. We waited in line for what felt like forever, the whole time behind a group of four Frenchmen - one of whom was a MAJOR jerk. He was so frickin' rude to us the whole time we were there - I was really glad my cousins couldn't understand what he was saying. I mean, it was already bad enough that he was pretty much living up the stereotype of your typical rude Frenchman. We ended up having to leave the line to walk my cousins back to get the last metro - and the jerk actually clapped when we left. I couldn't not believe it. I may not have helped things along though when I mentioned that his big mouth was just compensating for his small size, and that I could see why the girlfriend he was supposedly waiting for never showed up. Yeah.

We tried to go to back later on in the night, but they'd closed the doors early. Apparently that particular firehouse holds one of the most popular balls because they always get the best Parisians DJs to come play there. Maybe we should've gone for the one with the firemen striptease instead! Anyway, we started talking to some other people who were also refused entry, and we ended up sharing a taxi to the tiniest ''night club'' on the face of the Earth. Thank God Yuri was there to help me fight off the slimey men there. We finished the night in style by singing along to crappy American music and dancing on the bar. Très classy, comme d'hab. When the bar closed, I was quite surprised to discover it was light outside. For whatever reason, I thought it was like 2:30, but it was really 5:30am. So much for our plans to get up early and do more touristy stuff Monday.

When we finally rolled out of bed, we made our way out to Les Invalides for the K&K Bastille Day Picnic. Invalides had free entry for the holiday, so we popped over there quick to take a look at the museum and the Napoleon tombs - very cool. And then we went back to the picnic and settled in for the afternoon. I had a ton of fun - most of my fav bloggers were there, and I finally got to meet the elusive Rhino75. Even my friend Charlie from V-town stopped by. Our view for the fireworks wasn't the best because of the trees, but it was still pas mal:


My cousins headed are off to Normandy for two days and Yuri is currently on her way back to the US, so I've got plenty of time to rest up before the English invasion next weekend!!

I'm telling ya, July is turning out to be one fabulous month.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Wow, now that sounds like a weekend! I am glad you enjoyed it.

July 15, 2008 at 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how you gonna keep em down on the farm? after they've seen paree?
xxx

July 15, 2008 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey Sam...

I know what you mean! Things are REALLY picking up this summer compared to the rest of the year- so far!! It's really nice to be enjoying the summer!

July 16, 2008 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger christine said...

Wow Sam you really do have a rich social life lately! Sounds fun.

July 16, 2008 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger rhino75 said...

It was lovely to meet you for real too!! We HAVE to set a gay karaoke date when you're feeling better. Get lots of rest and get well soon xxx

July 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home