Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, July 11, 2008

It's really strange - I'm having more and more of a hard time blogging lately. I guess it's because I started my blog as an outlet, as a way to let things out since I essentially had no friends nearby and spent my days alone. (Yes, I realize how sad that is). But now that I'm surrounded by people, I no longer need my blog to fill that purpose. Instead, I just feel like I'm repeating myself, since most of what I write has already been told to at least one of my readers.

But either way, I'm not ready to give up on blogging yet, I imagine this is just a phase. And without my blog, I never would've met all of these great people, including most recently the fabulous JennC. We had lunch at L'Oisive Thé Wednesday (seriously people, check it out if you're ever in Paris, the salads are delish!), and I had an absolutely lovely time chatting to Jenn, Alice & Aimee...though I think I got my fill of pregnancy talk for the next ten years, lol.

I really am so lucky though to be able to live this kind of life, as temporary as it may be. My days are filled with lunches, meetings at cafés, trips to the cinema, museum visits. I've only got about ten days of kid-watching left, and then I'll be home-free for the rest of the summer. Between outings and friends visiting, my schedule is jam-packed for the rest of the month. Plans are slowly starting to form for August. Life is good.

If anyone is in Paris on Monday, you should make your way on over to the K&K Bastille Day picnic - it's bound to be a great time! Bastille Day is my favorite French holiday, so I can't wait to see what it's like here in la capitale !

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so, so, so, happy for you. happy summer!

July 11, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I'm definitely going to visit L'Oisive The when I'm in Paris the 25th of July! My son graduated from Kansas University, like the owner!
Thanks for the tip!
Cindy from NE

July 11, 2008 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger wcs said...

Ok, don't give up. We're enjoying your adventures. And one day we hope to meet you!

Bonne fête!

July 11, 2008 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger fashion survivor said...

I feel your pain on the pregnancy talk. My friends are having second-baby talk. And I'm not even married yet!

July 11, 2008 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hehe... Paris suits you just fine!! Glad your agenda is filled to the brim... It's almost like saying that your dance card is full.... You go girl!!!! Have a nice weekend!! And, please do keep on blogging... It's always great to read your insights and daily goings-on!

July 11, 2008 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

"I no longer need my blog to fill that purpose."

They grow up so fast!

I hope you're still in Paris at the end of October. Mrs. TBF and I will be there.

Shall we all meet?

July 12, 2008 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Starman said...

We hope to see you there.
Blogging can become a bit of a chore sometimes.

July 12, 2008 at 1:04 AM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

It was great seeing you again, Sam -- but I'm really sorry about all the pregnancy talk! Honestly, I usually try not to overload on the subject, but I guess it's happening more and more because I'm nearing the end, and the baby is going to be here really soon -- I'm just kind of freaking out! So advice from other moms really helps. But otherwise, I swear I have other topics at hand, and I didn't mean for that to happen -- just ask Jenn! I'm really sorry to have monopolized though...

(Jenn will also confirm to you how terribly chatty I am -- it is hard to find that PAUSE button on my back sometimes!)

Hope you're having a great weekend. I'm resting at home and giving people's ears a break for a change -- ha!

July 12, 2008 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger JChevais said...

It was absolutely marvy meeting you too! We will have to do it again soon. If you're able, perhaps I can lure you out to the Champs Elysées or nearabouts for lunch sometime in August?

July 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home