Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Saturday, July 5, 2008

What an event-filled week it's been! On Tuesday, Barbara, Kyliemac and I joined Leesa at the Swan Bar in order to play the "audience" for an interview her friend was doing for a new channel called NRJ Paris. They are doing a series on Americans in Paris - I briefly tried to talk the production assistant into doing a spot on K&K, but I don't think she quite knew what a podcast was...

Anyways, it was really neat (though I don't know if I'm going to like seeing myself on camera considering how zoomed in the camera was on my face when they were getting the "reaction shots"). Plus, Manda has a beautiful voice and we essentially got treated to a mini-private concert.

Then, a friend from V-town arrived in Paris to help a friend of hers find an apartment. They called me from a payphone and said "This is really weird, we were supposed to go look at this place today, but the address doesn't even exist." They started mentioning more details and all of the sudden, it hit me - wait a minute, Craig's list, non-existant apartment, Western Union wire transfer, Nigeria.....they'd been scammed! It was pretty much word for word a post Leesa did a week or so back warning people about renting apartments through Craig's list. So we spent many an hour on the phone with Western Union, and luckily because we had called that very night, they were able to stop the transfer. If we had waited until the morning, it would've been too late and she would've lost 450€ ($700).

And then Wednesday night, I met up with the lovely Ali, from Alithinks, for dinner at a restaurant recommended by Kyliemac. I had fig ravioli, which was absolutely to die for. Yum yum yum. It was really great to meet Ali after all this time - she and Doc are two of my favorite bloggers because these ladies have been through some shit and they just keep on going even stronger. There were times when I though, man, if they can do it, I can too.

I spent the 4th watching the kiddies during the day, and then drinking wine on the Ile St Louis at a meet-up event. There were loads of people there - definitely at least 100, maybe 150. I probably should've mingled more, but I was having such a good time with my blogging buddies, and they helped me get out of the funk I was in yesterday.

The other major event of the week is Leesa's 4th of July picnic, which will be held today in the Parc de Sceaux (barring bad weather of course). There's going to be a ton of people there, including some bloggers I haven't met yet, so it should be fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

To be put next to The Great Ali in such an sweet way is about the highest praise a girl could hope for! Thanks for a SUPER ego boost on a morning when I sure could use one.

Three weeks away from burgers and girl-talk !!!!
D

July 5, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

and I am on the train right now, headed to Paris for Leesa's picnic! See you soon.

July 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Sounds like fun.
Have you been doing something to your blog format? Bloglines keeps showing that you have 82 new messages, I can't figure out why.

July 5, 2008 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Ksam said...

Megan, I think it's a Bloglines problem, cuz it's been happening to me too with a bunch of different blogs!

July 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Quantumhollapena said...

lol, that scam was totally angie and i!! hahah thanks again for saving our asses!

I guess i'm way too trusting bc I got scammed again recently... well, credit fraud, but still. I've certainly learned a few lessons, though!

March 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM  
Blogger Quantumhollapena said...

lol, that scam was totally angie and i!! hahah thanks again for saving our asses!

I guess i'm way too trusting bc I got scammed again recently... well, credit fraud, but still. I've certainly learned a few lessons, though!

March 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home