Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, June 27, 2008

Soooooo, the answer is...........Wait a minute. First of all, I would like to say only 73 people voted. So what's the excuse of the other 250 of you out there who read that post? Come on people, I'm trying to make it interactive here, lol.

Okay, getting back on topic - looks like 60.3% of you were right. I didn't get a text from Fab, but there's no surprise there, the man never knows what day it is and would lose his head if it wasn't attached. Considering that he's been texting me on a fairly regularly basis, I'm sure I'll get one eventually saying "Oops, sorry, I missed your b-day (again)." I would also like to shake my finger at the 13.7% of you who chose the third option - y'all are such poor sports!!

In other news, I have been happily fighting the crowds to check out the summer soldes. Most of you know that Fab worked for BIC for a long time. Well, every Christmas, they give their employees a gift card, usually for around 120€. I was really excited this year because I'd been planning on using them to buy furniture for our new house. But come Feb/March, I couldn't find them anywhere. I practically turned the gîte upside down looking for them, and no luck! I was really bummed (though it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because that way I didn't end up spending them).

They were still on my mind when I moved out, even though I still couldn't find them. Luckily though while unpacking my stuff in MN, I found them stuck in the hidden pocket of one of my purses. So I when I found out the soldes started a day before my birthday, I decided that 120€ was going to be my birthday present to myself. But in an attempt to continue with my wish of not buying things just because they are cheap, I've tried to restrain myself to buying things that would be really useful. So instead of just going crazy because I had money to burn, I've tried to be thoughtful about my purchases. I've bought two scarves, two pairs of shoes (check out my new ballerines!!), a dress and a light sweater. And on the housing end, I finally found the damn shower shelf I've been looking for for almost a month now, plus the supplies I needed to finally organize my jewelry again. I've still got 40€ left to use up before June 30, and I'm actually having trouble spending it because I don't want to just buy crap. Maybe a trip to Sephora is in order, to replace some of the stuff I threw out when I thought I was moving back to the US....
PS. For those of you wondering, I had a great birthday yesterday, and I would like to give a special shout-out to Kyliemac for coming over at the last minute to share a bottle of birthday rosé with me. It was the perfect ending to a great day (and yay for sparkly Eiffel Towers!)

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

oops! Belated Happy Birthday Sam.

June 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

First of all ... AWESOME shoes !!! J'adore !!!

Secondly, I'm glad that you had some significant retail therapy. Nothin' like it !

You sound happy and that you had a super birthday.

All's well on Planet Sam ! :)

June 27, 2008 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

happy birthday sam! i couldn't find the poll did you close it?

um...fabien is the same way in that he's cheap with his cell phone too. (and it took me a year and a half to convince him to get one in the first place)...

June 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger MISS YURI said...

Hey, instead of going to Sephora, why don't you try to find a big Bio-Coop or somewhere along those lines and see if there's any organic or natural makeup that you might like? It'll be much better for your skin, and fewer toxic chemicals will have gone into their making.

June 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Ksam said...

The problem is, I can only use the gift cards at certain stores (usually the major ones, like FNAC, Darty, Sephora, etc). And I have to use the remaining 40€ up by Monday!

June 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Very nice :)
A lady always needs extra pairs of shoes. You can't go wrong with your other thoughtful purchases either.
If I can say, that 120 euro ceritificates were really
" une aubaine " .

June 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger KathyMac said...

OH! you should drag miss aussie lass over to sephora to help you makeup shop. :) there's a sephora in the neighborhood. although then you'd have to drag the bag around everywhere with you, so maybe that's not such a grand idea. tell them it's your birthday though, and maybe they'll throw in a few more free samples! yay for sparkly towers and rosé!

June 27, 2008 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh, very cute shoes!!!

And a belated very happy birthday!

June 27, 2008 at 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding the gift cards is fucking (pardon my swearing) proof that your luck has changed! It is proof I tell you!

June 27, 2008 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Fned said...

Happy Belated birthday and great shopping!!! You must be real good when it comes to finding great bargains... I would have probably blown the 120eur on a pair of flip flops and the rest on stuff I would probably never even wear or else forget about the next day... I am so bad with money.

Fned.

June 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger CUPCAKE PRINCESSE said...

AWESOME way to end your b-day!!! I'm glad you celebrated in a nice way!!! Great shoes... and what a great b-day present to yourself.. You GO GIRL!!!
Leese

June 28, 2008 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Wow, you really spread that 120€ well! How'd you do that? I could definitely learn a few shopping tricks from you... That 120€ would have been gone in a flash in my case! Ha ha... And still 40€ left, wow!

I'm so glad you had such a great birthday and found such good deals too. I've been having a hard time fighting the crowds myself mainly because people push just far too much and don't pay attention if you're pregnant. So I think I'm going to have to avoid the Soldes for the most part from now on, aside for necessities, and for quieter times of day -- like at 10:30 in the morning or something?!

June 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger J said...

Sorry! I was in Germany and couldn't get online! I have a valid excuse!

June 29, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Quantumhollapena said...

Lol, this is so long ago (it certainly seems) but I've been catching up on your blog and I remember when I came to visit and we went into a store looking for a shower shelf!! haha, looks like you did finally find one! and for "free"!

March 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Quantumhollapena said...

oh, this is Shelby btw, I really never got my blogger account going...

March 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home