Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, July 7, 2008

I've got an early flight down to Biarritz for work, and I never sleep well when I know I have to get up early, so here I am blogging at 4:30am on a Monday morning, waiting for my car to arrive to take me to the airport. It's just a short trip, I'll be back late Tuesday night - hopefully everything will go well, this is kind of my first big trip I'm doing on my own.

Anyways, I got tagged by Treefeathers, and even though I'm not really a meme person, I've been meaning to do a music post, so here goes - 7 songs that I've been into lately:

Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah"


BB Brunes - "Dis-moi". It's just so full of high school angst, how can you not like it?


Mauss et Charlie - "Je recherche"


REM- "Supernatural Superserious"


And even though I'm fairly anti-Julien Doré, I do like this song:


Number six is by Thomas Dutronc - I really like its main tag line "Je me suis reveillé de bon humeur" (I woke up in a good mood):

While looking him up on YouTube, I discovered he also sang another song that I really like, entitled "J'aime plus Paris":


Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I am the same way when I have to go on a trip... I think I am worried I will oversleep and miss it so therefore I wake up every 20 mins and look at my clock... unfortunately I do the same during the trip.

Thanks for introducing me to some more French music. I have been trying to find out more artists... it is hard since they never seem to say names on the radio... Now recommend some good French movies too! ;-)

July 7, 2008 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Coco 2007 said...

You have fans, riding the same insomia train, in NYC.

You're right about BB Brunes. I just wish I understood every word. Thanks for your faves.

July 7, 2008 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger BlondeInFrance said...

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the BB Brunes song, I was starting to get embarrassed telling people . . . and it's my ringtone! Haha. Still a teenybopper 10 years later.

July 7, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger KathyMac said...

julien doré's "les limites" has at least three different versions - it's very odd. and i was forced to look up the lyrics when i realized that i was understanding some of them without trying.

July 7, 2008 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

oh goodnes. I cannot stand "Dis-moi". especially since they did the parody aboutof it about the Bac. Ahh!

July 7, 2008 at 9:59 PM  
Blogger mllekj said...

Thanks Sam for these musical stylings. One can never go wrong with Jeff Buckley. I hope that your trip goes well.

July 8, 2008 at 4:23 AM  
Blogger Misplaced said...

I couldn't sleep Monday either- very strange. Hallelujah is a beautiful song- I actually like Jeff Buckley version better than Leonard Cohen, who wrote the song, they are done very differently.

Thanks for the music.

July 8, 2008 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger TreeFeathers said...

I'm glad you posted those, I was curious what music you're listening to over there! :)

July 8, 2008 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Amy Plum said...

So why don't you like Julien Dore, Sam? I saw him on Perez and bought his disc for Laurent for Father's Day - is he a jerk, or is it the music you don't like?

July 10, 2008 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

No, it's not that I think he's a jerk...I just never liked him on Nouvelle Star. He's one of those people who tries TOO hard to be different, and it really annoyed me how everyone fell all over him all the time. But I do have to admit that he's talented quand même!

July 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Amy Plum said...

Ahhhh...he's a reality show star. Now I get it! That explains everything.

July 10, 2008 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Thankyou so much for giving me the link to your new blog, and thankyou also for my currently favourite song, Jeff Buckley's Halleluyah. I have listened to the Leonard Cohen one for decades, havel also the kd lang recording... but jeff's is my fave. With the vid it brought tears to my eyes...

July 11, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home