Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Saturday, July 12, 2008

*ring ring*
Me: Hello?
Phone dude: Est-ce que je peux parler à Patricia ? (Can I speak to Patricia?)
Me: Huh?
Pd: Patricia. Est-ce que je peux parler à Patricia ?
Me: Désolée, vous vous êtes trompé de numéro (Sorry, you've got the wrong number)
*I get ready to hang up*
Pd: Uh, est-ce que je peux te poster une question ? (Um, can I ask you a question?)
*As a side note, if there's one thing that riles me up, it's strangers tu-ing me*
Me: Sigh. Fine.
Pd: Comment tu t'appelles ? (What's your name?)
Me: Il est quelle heure là ? (What time is it?)
Pd: Hein ?
Me: Il est quelle heure ?
Pd: Pourquoi ? (Why?)
Me: Parce que vous m'avez réveillée. (Because you woke me up).
Pd: Non, mais c'est quoi ton prénom ? (No, but what's your name?)
Me: Non, mais franchement, draguer une fille à 7h du mat ?? (Seriously, you're trying to pick up a chick at 7am??)
Pd: Dis-moi juste ton prénom !! (Just tell me your name)
Me: Désolée mais là je vais me recoucher. (Sorry dude, but I'm going back to bed)


I put the phone down and go back to bed. The damn thing rings again. I ignore it. But decide I can't turn it off since my cousin's plane is supposed to be landing in two hours and she may need help. Which is why I frickin' find myself up WAY too early on a Saturday morning, cursing the first-born child of the Phone Dude.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger wcs said...

With tactics like that, PD may never have the opportunity to have children.

July 12, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

@wcs: I was about to say the same thing.

July 12, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Global Librarian said...

Don't curse his first born child, who is an innocent.

Instead, curse his parents who failed to "grow him up right!"

July 12, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

This morning is the morning of callers... I received one that refused to leave a message until I dragged my butt out of bed. Too bad I know this person... but he was set on planning our day, where to meet, what time, etc... I don't know, let me take a shower and eat first! I am so not a morning person.

July 12, 2008 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

wcs - lol!!

GL, that's a good point - i guess it's not the poor kid's fault. and he's prob going to have a hard enough time as it is, with a dad like that!

July 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That call is kind of creepy! He was out of luck with Patricia so it sounded like he was trying it on with you too!

July 12, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

I think it would have been funnier if you told him you did not raise pigs together... ;-)

July 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger KathyMac said...

in certain cases, you can't necessarily blame the parents either. and what is HIS prénom i wonder. :P

July 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ! Something like that happened to me a few years ago ! It was 3AM and I thought it was urgent, we never know... I answer, the guy starts like "you gave me your number at the station". Hello ?! I never give my number to strangers, let alone in the station ! "Yes it's you !"
"Well, no it's not, I'm going to hang up."
"Don't you want to talk ?!"
"Hello?! It's 3AM, I was sleeping ! Good night !"
Goodness gracious, some people...!

July 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger A Tank said...

i wonder if this phone dude is related to the one that kept harassing you last year? *g*

July 12, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home