Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The sun is finally out here! Not that I really minded it being cloudy because our job sucks when it's hot out. I hope it stays nice for the weekend though - we'll hopefully be heading to Toulouse to visit the city and meet up with some fellow bloggers (I'm très excited about that).

Today was another good day though. It was really funny - I had my window open and all of the sudden I heard some people speaking American English. Turns out there was an elderly American couple from Oregon just passing through for the night, so we ended up spending the early evening hours chatting with them by the pool. Afterwards, the technician and I went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant with the hotel owner & her staff because it was their night off and they didn't feel like cooking. It was a little bit weird to go out in public with them, but everyone had a really good time.

It's strange to think that we only have one night left here - time is going by so fast. It's less than a week now til I move to Paris. How crazy is that? We've been so busy that I haven't even able to keep up with my emails, let alone all the blogs I normally read. But then again, I imagine this is how it is for people who have actual lives, and who don't just spend their days online because they are alone and bored. *S*

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

It's so great that you are taking chances, getting out, having some fun and finally meeting some NICE French people in quantities large enough to matter.
I want you to know that, despite the fact that I have a 'life', I read your blog nearly every day. And I am VERY invested in this all working out for you!!!
You are going to have a good, rich, full and happy life, in France or wherever you may end up for the long term.
All your friends, both IRL and here in Internet Land, are on your side, cheering for you!

May 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger emaleejayne said...

Hooray for friendly Americans from Oregon! (Thats where I'm from!)

:)

May 22, 2008 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Starman said...

If one of the bloggers you see is Owen, tell him I said hello.

I'm so glad to see you apparently feeling better.

May 23, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Um what... there are people out there with lives outside of blogs? Hmm the thought just seems so strange to me.

May 23, 2008 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger maitresse said...

wait, I'm very behind in my blog reading. you're moving to paris?? that's fantastic! hope we can meet up there! glad to hear you're doing well. xx

May 28, 2008 at 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home