Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've got a lot to say about Egypt, but first I wanted to write about the surprise C had planned for me last night. He told me to wear something nice and meet him at the Gare du Nord at 8:15. I had no clue what I was in for, except that it wasn't dinner. Luckily I wore comfortable shoes because he signed us up for a couple of dance classes.One of his cousin's is getting married in May and he mentioned something about us having to waltz at the wedding. I was like "Waltz?? I don't know how to waltz!!" So he signed us up for lessons. They're run by the wife of a famous French tap dancer in a small, old-school studio. The class normally lasts an hour, but ours was 1 1/2hrs. It was nice because there was only one other couple there with us, so we got a lot of one-on-one attention. She also taught us the basic steps for the polka and the cha-cha. Neither of us are the most talented dancers in the world, but after a few lessons, we should be at least able to dance at the wedding without trampling anyone else!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger MilkJam said...

awwww! such a sweet surprise :-)

March 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Sharyn Ekbergh said...

He sounds like an exceptional guy.

March 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Oneika said...

wow! he's awesome!!

March 25, 2010 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger French teacher said...

Wow! All I can say is C is a keeper!! And you deserve a great guy!

March 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE signed you up for dance class?! Impressive!

(PS - looking forward to what you write about Egypt, as I'll be heading there in July!)

March 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

That's amazing- certainly not something every guy would think of. What a sweetie!

March 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger KathyMac said...

fun!

April 2, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home