Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, March 5, 2010

Strange coincidences

My mouth just about dropped after I read the beginning of this month's horoscope:

You have a rare and very liberating influence in your chart this month and it's sure to set your spirits soaring. Spread your wings, dear Cancer. It's been such a long time since you've felt this excited by life. If only you could see your chart this month! In March a whole lineup of stars are twinkling in your ninth house of new and broadening experiences.

There are many ways you may feel the profound and positive influences at play. One of the most likely will be that you will travel quite far, to a foreign country, or at the very least, plan a trip to take soon. Travel could come up spontaneously and trips taken now would be a wonderful influence on you. You're tired of same old routine, and you seem hungry to learn new things. The planets will provide you with a way to step off the merry-go-round and experience something new.

If you had hoped to become a citizen in a foreign country, this would be the month that the paperwork comes together and the approval comes through. This would also be an ideal month to apply for a green card or visa. If you have no plans to change citizenship or to work or study in a foreign country, you may start to do import / export of goods, services, or information.


Not only will travel to far-off places make up a big part of my month (Tunisia next week for work, and Egypt w/C the week after), but I will be able to travel to them using my new brand spanking new French ID card and passport!! That's right, I finally have them in my possession. I can't even believe it really - after almost two years of stress, here they are. I keep checking my purse to make sure it's really true.

For some reason, it just seemed so fitting to see the Pantheon looming before me as I walked out of the city hall. And look at that blue sky! If that doesn't say "Hello Freedom!", I don't know what does. Which reminds me - I've been doing a lot of pondering lately, and I think I am finally ready to start publicly blogging again. I would like to say a HUGE thank you to those of you who have respected my privacy all this time by not linking to my blog, I really appreciate it. But the chains have been broken and I'm finally ready to start sharing my life with the world again. So if you feel like it, feel free to link away to my blog, folks!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Congratulations, Sammers!!! I'm so happy for you. :)

March 5, 2010 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger J said...

Woohoo congrats Frenchie KSam!

March 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

Hi Stranger-friend:
You deserve it! I have followed your blog since the *** days and have admired your generosity of spirit and your bravery. Thank you for sharing!
Linda

March 5, 2010 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Starman said...

The French passport is much prettier than the US passport. How great that you finally got yours.

March 5, 2010 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Oneika said...

Awesome! I'm jealous!! And hooray to frequent travel! Where are you planning to go in Egypt and how long are you going for?

March 5, 2010 at 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there a citizenship ceremony involving garlicky escargots and holy water and chanel #5 and plonk?

i'm so happy for you, it's been a long weird trip.

xxx

March 6, 2010 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger shannon said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!

March 6, 2010 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger A Tank said...

so awesome and happy for you! i will say that my march horoscope has also been quite accurate, so it must really be true :)

March 7, 2010 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

A quick question about your passport etc. did you have to give 2 sets of birth certificates etc. to get your ID card and passport or just the one seeing as the form to fill out for both is on the same page?
Congrats on getting them though my appointment to go pick up the pack is the day after Easter.

March 7, 2010 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger MISS YURI said...

Félicitations from me and Au!

March 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

@Nikita - since this is the first time in Egypt for both of us, we are going the safe route and are doing a cruise down the Nile.

@Julie - The préf told me I had to have a separate birth certificate for each application (because even though it's the same formulaire for both, you still need to fill out two separate ones) - but the chick at the mairie was nice and let me apply for both at the same time. So it's worth bringing a few extra copies of your birth certificate with you just in case!

March 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger A (Parisian) Seattleite back in Seattle said...

Congrats! I'm in the citizenship application process and have my fingers crossed that it will be approved and quickly.

March 7, 2010 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger corine said...

C'est chouette de te voir si heureuse. Mon mari est cancer, et c'est pareil pour lui; plein de changements a l'horizon, vers la France !

March 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger au soleil levant said...

Congrats and have a wonderful time on your trips using that brand new passport!

March 7, 2010 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

The new passport is spiffy! Congrats!

Also:I'm putting up a link to you on my blog. Welcome back to the wider world of blogging!

March 8, 2010 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!! I have to hurry and start mine.. I've so been delaying it for like a year!

March 18, 2010 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Wooo hooo!! Congrats on EVERYTHING!! I will definitely link to you!!
Since I sometimes forget to check your blog... hehehe - and having you on my "updates" will make it a "no miss!"

March 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home