Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sorry for the lack of posts - I've been in all four corners of MN in the past week, which has meant endless of hours of driving (many through mountains of snow). And now I am up in NE Minnesota, helping my mother move into her new house.

Moving sucks on any day, but in freezing temperatures, it's even less fun. Add to that the fact that my mother seems to have been in denial about having to move and thus had not packed a single box when I showed up. She just doesn't seem to see the urgency in this - when I woke up this AM, she'd been up for 2 1/2hrs and had spent the whole time surfing the internet instead of packing/moving. WTF?? Let me point out here that we only have 2 days to pack & move her entire house, and that the builders haven't yet finished the new house so we really have no place to put everything over there. I believe this may be what hell looks like.

On the positive side, I made about 150 trips up and down the stairs yesterday carrying heaving things, so at least this is serving as my work-out for the day/week/month.

Always end on a positive note, right?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Starman said...

Ugh, I do not envy your situation.

December 30, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Jadie said...

luckily, this too shall pass. you have chosen to live your life differently, and making a conscious choice really makes it possible. happy new year, sam!

January 3, 2010 at 3:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy New Year, Sam. I'm with you on the cross-cultural relationship stuff. It can be weird.

January 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home