Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, December 7, 2009

One thing I've noticed since moving to Paris is that it's so much easier to get into the holiday spirit here than it was in Bretagne. Between all the lovely store decorations and myriad the Christmas markets, you can't help but feel the growing excitement. This past weekend, I was lucky enough to be invited to a few holiday parties, including a cookie-making party. I haven't done that in a long time, and man, was it fun! It's also nice to be able to introduce C to some American traditions - I have to say he's been a real trooper (even if he still refuses to eat peanut butter).

Then yesterday, after a quick stop-in at the combined O-Château wine tasting/book signing, it was off to check out the marché de Noël along the Champs-Elysée. I'm not normally a big fan of the Champs due to all the crowds, but I am a sucker for a good Christmas market (and the mulled wine they normally offer). Even though most of the booths really didn't have anything to do with Christmas, they were still nicely decorated, and it made for a lovely (if muddy) Sunday afternoon walk.It was just what I needed to get me in the holiday spirit - which, considering how many presents I have left to buy, is definitely not a bad thing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I still cannot believe he won't eat peanut butter ... it's so yummy! :-)

December 7, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Jadie said...

do the french tend to dislike peanuts in general...or just peanut butter?!

December 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Starman said...

The marché de Noël pn the Champs-Elysée is one of the major reasons we're coming to Paris this month.

December 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Mallory said...

Peanut butter is gross.

+1 for C

December 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home