Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, March 6, 2009

Seen on my way to work, part 3

Proof that Frenchmen really do wear berets: ;)I'm pretty sure I've blogged about this chair before, a few years back:
One of my favorite things about driving down here is driving through villages that look like old postcards:
Or like the façade of a movie set:
And then we have good ol' town of Condom, right near Valence sur Baise (this one's for you, Walt). How many people can say they've eaten lunch at a truck stop there??

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Diary of Why said...

You went to Condom? I'm so jealous! When I lived in Grenoble, my American roommates and I had a huge map of France in the hallway. We used to stand around and point out places we wanted to visit. We became fairly obsessed with Condom, but unfortunately it never made it into our travel itinerary. Do they sell postcards there??? :)

March 6, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

LOL, glad I'm not the only one who finds it funny!

I remember hearing a few years back about how all of these English hooligans kept going there and stealing the entrance sign to the town. Each sign cost something like a thousand euros, so they ended up having to put wooden signs up because they were so much cheaper. (Though I did see a metal one when I was there).

March 6, 2009 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Jeff Steiner said...

I wonder if Condom is part of this group - http://tinyurl.com/2psvvc.

March 7, 2009 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

HOW FUNNY!!! Hilarious!!!!

March 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger wcs said...

I wonder if French people wonder why English people eat food filled with préservatifs? ;)

March 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home