Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Re-bienvenue en Bretagne

Scene: Ksam is checking into a hotel somewhere in Bretagne

Ksam (thinks "Oh man, it's the same b*tch we had last time", but simply says in French): Hi, we reserved two rooms for tonight under the name ****.
Receptionist: (Looks back and forth between me and my male colleague) Two rooms?
Ks: Yes, two rooms.
R: (Looks back & forth again and decides to repeat "two rooms" in a really bad English accent, just in case I didn't get it the first five times)
Ks: Yep.
R: Okay then.....here are your keys.........For your two rooms.
Ks: Thanks, have a good night.

I go up and open the door of my room and am automatically hit with a cloud of smoke. Coming from my supposedly non-smoking room. In the supposedly non-smoking hotel. I go next door and check out my co-worker's room, which also reeks of smoke, though somewhat less. After a little bit of mental debate about whether or not I can stand it for the next four nights, I decide to go back downstairs and see if I can change rooms. Considering there are only four other cars in the parking lot (ours included) and 60+ rooms, I figure this will not be much of a problem.

Ks: Hi, I'm wondering if it would be possible to change rooms? Mine smells like smoke.
R: That is not possible, it's a non-smoking hotel.
Ks: I know, but the previous person must have smoked in there. My co-worker's room also smells like smoke.
R: Like I said, it's no-smoking here.
Ks: Like I said, it smells like smoke.

*And thus begins the stare down between Ksam & the receptionist.*

Ks: (finally breaking the silence) Listen here, there's an ashtray in my room AND in my co-worker's room. You can't tell me people don't smoke in there. (TOC, take that biyatch)
R: (realizing I've got her there) Well, what do you want me to do? People smoke in the rooms no matter what we do, so we have to put ashtrays in so they don't leave ashes everywhere.
Ks: (thinks "And this is my problem how??" but says nothing)
R: *sighs* Fine, let me look around and see what is available. *Tappity tap tap tap* You can take room number 36.
Ks: Gee, thank you ever so much for your help.

Remind me again why people say Parisians are the snotty ones?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I never really found Parisians snotty either (I've had Parisians be rude to me once or twice), I definitely agree it's more the regional folk.

January 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger jonnifer said...

The part that really gets to me is that she tried to pretend people didn't smoke there, then admitted the ashtrays were put there by the hotel! Why be crazy and lie? It's just so bizarre.

January 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it with the french and customer service? i really don't understand.

January 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Traction Man said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Honestly, I think sooooome people are just so unhappy with their sorry ass lives and their job that they take it out on innocent peeps!! What a BIOTCH...All she had to do was friggen' change the room, but I guess that would have been too simple and maybe she was unhappy and bored and decided to give you a hard time!! Can't understand why people are like that, but doesn't it make you feel good when you know they are going to have to do what you ask, anyway?! I mean, she could have saved your the headache of her bad attitude... I can never understand, though... if it were me in her place, I'd be all apologetic to you and switch the room right away... : ) Hope the new room was better...
P.S. I would have been nice at first to her.. and then if she showed me her "tude" I woulda let her have it with my health issues!!!!

January 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home