Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Friday, January 2, 2009

Aïe

My New Year's Eve post will have to wait until tomorrow, as I am currently curled up in my bed after a week of pretending that I did not feel sharp pains shooting up my back every time I took a step. I originally thought I had a bone out of alignment, but I'm pretty sure it's a pinched nerve now and I am definitely paying the price for traveling and moving around so much this past week.
This may be my retribution for secretly thinking "Oh, come on, it can't be that bad" every time I heard someone say they had sciatica. Lesson learned - it really hurts like a b*tch!

Anyone out there want to go grocery shopping for me? My fridge is empty and my tummy is rumbling. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Hello?? (insert sounds of birds chirping here).

Vivement Monday evening and my appointment with the osteopath.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear you're having this problem! I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

January 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad they don't really have delivery services...well I guess you could order pizzas until you can move again? Hope you feel better. Back pain sucks.

January 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger A Tank said...

oh no! i'd mail you some food, but it might not arrive in time :) i hope some of your parisian friends are able to stop by with a little something yummy. otherwise, i hope this weekend isn't too painful and that your visit on monday goes well and fixes the problem!

January 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Sorry, I'm home sick- didn't step a foot outside today because of my cough and the cold... Hope you got something to eat! Feel better!

January 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Fned said...

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear you're not feeling to well. I guess sometimes the body has to shut down for a while to get its strength back and it sounds to me like you've been pushing yourself too much lately.

Get some much needed rest, have Monoprix deliver your groceries (http://www.monoprix.fr/Services/LivraisonDomicile.aspx) and then send the bill to your boss and tell him it will cost him cheaper than arrêt maladie. LOL

Take care and feel well soon!!
Fned.

January 3, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

oh goodness. Hope you feel better. Not a good way to start a new year.

January 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home