Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Job offer

I had a semi-interview for a job the other day, and can't take it because I'll (finally) be starting full-time with The Company. It sounds really fun and easy though, and they'd rather find someone through word of mouth, so I thought I'd post here. It's for a bilingual acting school here in Paris. They are looking for a part-time administrative assistant, about 4-5 hrs per day. The hours are really flexible, and you can work from home if you'd like (would suit a SAHM). The duties would basically consist of answering emails, contacting future students/clients and maybe doing a bit of work with their website. Their office is located just behind the Musée d'Orsay, but you wouldn't be required to go in there everyday. They do want someone who's planning on being in France for a while though, at least two years.

Anyways, if anyone out there is interested, send me an email and I'll put you in touch with the owner!

Update: I forgot to mention that you need to be able to speak and write fluent French, as you will also be dealing with some French clients & businesses.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Un-Ashtangi said...

Congrats on starting full time with the company. Will your schedule still be as flexible or will you be on lock down in an office somewhere? Did you manage to convince them to pay you in euros?

August 5, 2008 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Ksam said...

Nope, still super flexible, I pretty much make my own schedule. And *drumroll please*....I am going to have a fixed salary in EUROS!! After literally months of negotiation, they finally bit the dust. Thank you France for teaching me patience and persistence. Though I think the fact that I quit a few months back really scared them, plus they have been very understanding of the fact that I am now living off of a single salary in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Now we just have to pray that the dollar goes back up and not down, so it's not a decision they regret making!!

August 5, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger parisiannewyorker said...

Was just checking out that "most expensive cities in the world" classification for 2008 - Paris has moved up to #10 (from something like #15 last year), but NYC has moved up too - to #5!

Oddly enough, Oslo and Copenhagen are ahead of NYC - funny; I always thought of Paris as a relatively cheap city... H and I have realized that my salary right now here in NYC would definitely be more than enough to support us both in Paris, but here in NY we are just scraping by...

August 5, 2008 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger MilkJam said...

yeah yeah!!! in EUROS congrats Sam!!! :-)

my good news today is that i got back from the prefecture with my recipisse for a vie privee et familliale!!! yeah baby!!! plus the lady looked at me and said, you've done the medical visit right? i said, oh yeah 3 times already in 5 consecutive years of being here... and she's like, ok my boss isn't here, i won't put you down as needing one!!!!!!!!!!!!! saves me over 200e because i just had to pay the 70e tax as a "renewer" boooo yea!!!!!!! :-)

August 5, 2008 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger shannon said...

Congratulations on starting full-time! And in euros?! Sweet!! I'm happy for you!

August 5, 2008 at 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Kongrats, Ksam!

August 6, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home