Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, May 1, 2017

Here, there and everywhere

I'm coming up on another crazy travel spree.  I'll spend Thursday & Friday of this week in Norway, be home Saturday and then leave early Sunday AM for South Africa. I'll get back the following Saturday and then turn around less than 24 hours later to hop another flight for a week in China. 

To be honest, I was hesitating about both the Norway and South Africa trips - given the dates, I won't really have any time to do any sightseeing, so I was waffling about whether or not I should accept.  In the end, I said yes to help out a colleague in both instances and to be able to scratch another country off of my travel map.  But what do you think?  Is it worth it?  Would you go?

I'm also slightly nervous about doing so many back-to-back 12+ hour flights.  I get paranoid about getting blood clots given all the flying I do....but I wear compression socks on long-haul flights and I  guess flight attendants are in the air even more than I am and they are fine.   Plus I'll be in the US for most of June with a jam-packed itinerary of baptisms, weddings, birthdays, work events, leadership retreats, etc, so it's true that the extra frequent flier miles will come in handy in ferrying C around the country and to and from France. 

The upcoming travel means I'll be missing out on the French presidential elections though, so I went to the police station yesterday to fill out my procuration form so that C can vote for me.  It was a relatively easy process, just a short form to fill out and then I was given a receipt for C to show.  I'll land Sunday evening around 9:30pm French time in Johannesburg, so you can bet I'll be turning my phone on immediately to check the results.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home