Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bastille Day 2014

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you know that yesterday was Bastille Day (said no French person ever), or as it is more commonly known "le quatorze juillet".  It's my favorite French holiday, and this year in particular I have especially been looking forward to it because of our view.

I love me some good fireworks, and long before we found our apartment, I often dreamed of us watching the fireworks from chez nous, like I used to be able to do from my shoebox.   So that was my immediate thought the minute I stepped out on the balcony during our first visit here. I could literally already see us popping a bottle of champagne and enjoying the view.... which is exactly what we did last night. And it was magical.
I actually got a little teary during the middle of the show.  I'd been dreaming of this night for so long, and here it was. I could feel my happiness building along with the crescendo of the music, like the culmination of all of our hard work over the past few years that had brought us to this exact moment.
And it was perfect.
Thank you Universe.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger melinda said...

that is excellent that yall can see the fireworks from chez vous. good planning

July 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow, that is a good view! Surprised you don't have people inviting themselves over to watch.

July 15, 2014 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Gwan said...

Fantastic view, and how great that it's from your very own home :)

July 16, 2014 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You've come a long way since I first started reading your blog. Well done, Sam, I'm glad your dream came true. :)

July 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me happy. :)

July 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Jadie said...

You SO deserve this moment! Congratulations, and happy memories to come..

August 16, 2014 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home