Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Monday, October 31, 2011

C & I spent some time this weekend catching up on American TV (my contribution to English weekend LOL), which of course meant lots of Halloween-themed shows and ads. C finds the whole concept of Halloween funny, so when I got into bed last night, he jumped out from under the covers and said: "Treats and tricks!!"

Me: That's not what the kids say!!
C: Hmm.....Treats or tricks?
Me: Nope, try again.
C: Treat or trick?
Me: Nooo, it's trick or treat silly!
C: ?? But why would you start with the threat first??

Which is a good point - Why DO we start with the threat first?

Secondly, C also acts as an interpreter for other police stations on the side. Most of the time, it's a couple hours here, a couple hours there. But this past Saturday, he ended up getting called in during the middle of the night and then again from 10am to 10pm. Meaning the poor guy spent his entire day hanging around a police station for a couple hours of translation. He also unfortunately missed out on Karina's surprise birthday dinner.

When I came home that night, I asked him what ended up having for dinner since he's not really allowed to leave the station while he's there. He said that he'd eaten a few things from the vending machine and then once he got home, he made "some lenses and some corn and some peanuts". (My making C try new things now means he also eats some REALLY strange combinations of foods when left to his own devices).

Of course I knew what he meant, but I wanted to tease him a little bit, so I said "Lenses?" and he was like "Oh, is that not what you say?" While I was laughing, he thought for a bit and said "Hmm....maybe it's lee-tle beans? Which of course led to more laughter and saying "Noooo, it's lentils my dear."

There's never a dull day in this household, I tell ya.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the comedy moments that being shacked up with a Frenchie bring? Never a dull moment. My favourite thing Mr Piglet would say is "arshalle free" for hassle free. Sounded more like arsehole free! :)

October 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger L said...

Hahaha. And B says that that food combination sounds good. I think he and C should cook together sometime!

October 31, 2011 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I love that, lenses for lentilles when in fact it is so much simpler than that in English...lentils! I saw this on the menu of a restaurant at a 4 star hotel I used to teach at one time, and it took me a minute to understand what they meant by "coral lenses" and finally I figured it out....lentils! I got a good laugh out of that one!

November 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home