Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A dollar will make you hollar

I have been so impressed with these new Paris bloggers who are just going out there and making things happen.  People like Kristen at The Kale Project who did the impossible and brought kale to France or Edna at Expat Edna who is making her dreams a reality on a daily basis. Way to go ladies, seriously!  But today I want to give a particular shout-out to MommaExpat. She is getting ready to leave on an amazing adventure to Tanzania, where she will be running the Kilimanjaro Marathon to raise money for 13 different charities.

As you all know, I am a big believer in the power of one, ie that one person really can make a difference, and Jacki is the perfect example of that.  She is (or I should say was!) a non-runner, but wanted to do something big to help out, and 13 for 13 was born.

I have been following her along this journey and have been so inspired by her commitment to this project. I mean, how many of us say "Oh, I wish I could run a marathon" or "I would love to raise money for X charity" - but then we leave it at that. But not this woman - she is actually going out there and doing it.  It's pretty darn impressive.

So I'd like to ask you guys to consider donating to one of the charities.  There is a great post here talking about how you can help out, even in a small way.  Donating doesn't have to mean a large sum - every dollar really does count, and your small gift could make a world of difference for a child, a woman or a family somewhere out there...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JR said...

I literally just came in from running a slow 1K (ha ha) in the shorts I'm going to be wearing in Africa and boy did I get some looks from the local Parisians! So when I opened up BlogLovin' and saw your post title, I giggled thinking about me wearing shorts and compression socks around Paris.... never thinking this post was about 13for13! Thank you my friend for ALL of your encouragement, and I am looking forward to running the streets of Paris with you.

February 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home