Totally Frenched Out

From the blogger formerly known as Samdebretagne

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Minnesota Nice

I'm really touched - I'd sent the lady in charge of absentee ballots an email the other day, thanking her for all of her help, and in it, I happened to mention that the only downside of voting by email was that I didn't get my little "I voted" sticker. I received an email from her yesterday saying "You know, I was thinking about you all last night, and while I can't send you out a sticker, I decided I could at least scan one and email it to you."

So while it's not exactly the same, I now have at least a virtual "I voted" sticker:

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hehe.. Hey Sam!! That was really sweet of her..
It gave me an idea.. I will be on vacation on Nov. 4...
How about if we all get together for something.. A bunch of us - somewhere in Paris-- for a drink... and all wear RED, WHITE and BLUE...
I will see if I can print some stickers- I voted... for the occasion and we can show them off... I'm game.. Let me know.. Leese

October 4, 2008 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I was going to offer to send you a sticker, but we will actually be in Paris on Election Day. So I won't be able to do that.

But, if you need any Halloween candy, let me know!

October 4, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger La Belette Rouge said...

Got to love that friendly Minnesota spirit! Perhaps you can print your "I voted" on sticker paper and wear it around Paris and confound the Parisians.

October 4, 2008 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger A Tank said...

hehe how cute! :)
and also, in response to leesa's idea, i think i remember jenever saying there was some event in paris for the primaries or something. they could be planning something again, could be fun to look up what they'll be doing as well!

October 4, 2008 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Bruce Anderson said...

how do you vote by email?

October 4, 2008 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Ksam said...

I think it depends on the state - some states will email you your ballot and then you just print them off and send them in. It was really convenient, though I will probably ask for a paper one the next time around just so I can get the sticker!!

October 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you getting a sticker! In the UK, we don't get anything at all! :-)

October 5, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home